From 180 to 170 BPM


We finished the storyboard! Now that we figured out the movements, we revisited the speed of the song. First written in 180 beats per minute, we realized Manfred’s moves would be very squeezed. And, quite honestly, so would be the words. We made some different versions – 160, 170, 175, 180 bpm- and Amanda chose 170 bpm as ideal for animating.

It’s interesting to see how we first picked 180 bpm to start building, and then along the way realized 170 bpm was probably better for the thing we ended up building. And how enabling it is if music and animation are developed simultanuously. Oh, you creative process!

Listen to the difference for yourself below:



Final lyrics Storyboard done!
Final lyrics
Storyboard done!

Reply